Repay your Social Security Overpayment Online
- You will need your remittance ID in order to repay your Social Security overpayment on Pay.gov.
- Your remittance ID is displayed on the first page of your overpayment notice and at the top of the payment stub.
- Your Remittance ID will change for every overpayment notice you receive, so if you have more than one overpayment, make sure to use the remittance ID from the most recent notice for the overpayment you intend to repay.
- Please do not enter your Social Security Number or BNC in the Remittance ID fields. Only the Remittance ID will ensure proper posting of your payment.
- Do not use this form to make a payment to Social Security Administration for any reason other than to repay an overpayment.
- Please allow up to five business days for processing.
- Do not use this form to make payments to other federal agencies. If you need to make a payment to another agency, please return to the Pay.gov home page.
Accepted Payment Methods:
- Bank account (ACH)
- Debit or credit card
With an account you can:
- See the payments you made since you created an account.
- Store payment information so you don't have to re-enter it.
- Copy a form you already submitted the next time you need to make a payment.